Well, well, well, No promises.






Saturday, February 27, 2010

Old News

It wasn't me who said it tonight. I wasn't the one who said, "being in here right now makes me feel old," but I had thought it the night before. Maybe it was the place I was in but the music was bad and loud, and thou I think the me of ten years ago would have said the tunes were bad and loud, I had no desire to be there. Other than a couple of my friends were there.

And sometimes you stick your nose in places you know you don't want to be just to confirm you don't want to be there. Remind yourself of your preferences. A lot of people are leaving. One was the reason I was out last night and another I found out about tonight. But that's the way things happen, and nobody in the places you've come to expect them to be in. But the dog still licks me when I walk inside. And people are supposed to leave and I'll leave one day, yet that day isn't today or anytime soon. And there'll be days and nights when I don't feel so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment