Well, well, well, No promises.






Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pedal Commuting


If the rain stops and the streets dry some then I plan on riding my bike to work in the morning. It's been nearly a year since I last rode into town for work. It used to be my savior, those three or four miles, where I was alone and pedaling. Riding woke me up in the morning and evaporated all of the stress and frustration of the day's work on the way home. And it gave me the energy that I've missed.

I've got a new job and thus a new route-but I've still got my helmet. (mom) Please scoot over a couple of inches if you're trying to pass me and wait until after you've passed to honk and waive. No I don't know Lance Armstrong & I'm not going to race in the Tour de France, but I'll feel like a kid once I've clipped into my pedals. I'm not going to stop at the three-way stop by the airport and if the guy in the giant red truck yells at me again I'll probably let him hit me so I can collect a big fat check and he can join the Aryan gangs in parchman.

1 comment: