Well, well, well, No promises.






Tuesday, September 7, 2010

above the fold

after working most of the day and then shopping at Kroger for groceries and playing with Joe Lon, I drank a beer on my front porch while reading a Raymond Carver story and listening to a few John Prine songs.

possibly I did one thing out of order but when I finished the beer I put on my lycra shorts and my fancy shoes and took the road bike out for a short ride. out of my neighborhood I turned left and headed up College Hill Road.

it was a little after six and thus the driving home from work crowd had already passed but there were still cars passing me. some of them scooted their driver's side tires into the other lane, some didn't, and some were especially diligent and patiently waited behind me until it was safe to pass.

this concern for cyclists isn't normal around here but on the front page of today's paper was an article about how drivers and cyclists are still working things out on the road. if you read the article and not just the headline it said that drivers aren't following the three foot barrier. maybe the folks on my ride had read the article and didn't want to be the dumbass that hit a cyclist on the day it was in the paper.

i'm thinking about writing a letter to the editor asking them to print that article every two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment