Well, well, well, No promises.






Wednesday, September 8, 2010

like getting hit by a truck

I didn't have a beer before going for a bike ride tonight and I very nearly paid the price. But today a full size(oversized) American made pick up truck with a campus parking sticker on the back passed me no more than six inches from my shoulder. I flipped him the bird but he never touched his breaks. The very next car, a yellow suv, scooted over a bit but the rear bumper on the right side was dangling off a foot and a half. I still don't know how that flapping plastic didn't put me on the ground.

I think reading Cara Hoffman's novel So Much Pretty would have about the same kind of wallop as getting hit my one of those trucks. I haven't read the entire novel yet, though I saw many of the early pages while it was still called Butterfly, but from the parts she's read to me over the phone it's a hard hitting and intensely written novel.

You can pre-order the novel here
, but as a guy who works in an independent bookstore I'd encourage you to take the author, title, or ISBN to your closest indie bookstore and have them order it for you now.

Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment