Well, well, well, No promises.






Wednesday, April 28, 2010

from the vault of my rapidly balding head

We must have worked there in the first couple of months I was cleaning windows though I don't remember it exactly. The house looked normal and nice from the front, a good sized porch, an interesting paint color, and a metal roof. But when I walked around the back of the house I saw a swimming pool and noticed that the fence didn't divide the yard from the house next to it. I asked my boss about it. He told me the guy's mother and father lived next door. So it was like a compound or something-plastic playground and tricycles littering the yard-right in the middle of town and people didn't know it.
The homeowner didn't pay me any attention. He kinda knew my boss, maybe their kids played soccer together, and in general he seemed like he was too cool for school. Whatever-it wasn't the first time a homeowner didn't talk to me and it ain't the last. I was probably 250 lbs during that first visit, now fast forward two years or so and I was down to 180. We had been back to the compound at least once in the two years but homeowner I guess didn't notice because he called one day and asked my boss if he could get on the roof and hang a decorative star on the side of his house. Then he told my boss that he'd prefer if he did the hanging and not the guy that worked for him (meaning me) 'he's pretty big and I'm worried he might fall through' he said. My boss only told me this because I had slimmed down and had a sense of humor. But fuck that guy.
The other day I heard someone mention they had seen the homeowner out in his yard walking with a cane. 'I'm pretty sure he had a stroke,' this guy said to me. I'm not saying there's such a thing as it or if I believe in that kind of thing-it starts with a K and ends with an A, but don't be talking shit about fat people. Buddha had a belly.

2 comments:

  1. yes, cara, it's a blog post when I should be doing other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why the fuck are you blogging about this when you should be working on your manuscript?

    ReplyDelete